Should you kiss on a first date? Although I’ve been on…well….let’s just say a lot of first dates, I still ponder this question time and time again. If it wasn’t stressful enough trying to look nice and act confident, this whole kiss business brings the nerves up to a whole new level! Well, I decided to do some digging to see what other people thought about the subject. Of course I’ve brought up this topic with my girl friends in the past, but everyone always has a different opinion on the matter. So, I turned to Google for some further advice.
I read through the top five articles that Google found for me. In a nutshell, this is what I learned from each of them:
- Match.com – Yes, you can kiss on the first date! A first kiss can be initiated by both guys and girls. Make sure to time it right. You’ll get extra points if you’re sensual, but avoid “weird” new moves (i.e. licking the guys face….ew?).
- Glamour.com – Trust your intuition.
- HookupwithDrJess.com – Nope, you really shouldn’t kiss on the first date. Waiting to kiss on the first date helps build desire. Plus, there’s often a lot of bad intentions when it comes to premature physical relationships. On top of that, why would you want to make your first date more stressful by adding a first kiss to the mix.
- LovePanky.com – If everything is going right, you should kiss him. If everything is going terrible, don’t kiss him. It’s as simple as that. Both guys and girls are nervous on their first date, so just make your own decision based on the outcome.
- AskMen.com – Guys get nervous too.
Ok, so that didn’t necessarily solve the problem, but I think there’s a lot of good information here. Let’s sort it all out:
- Have you ever heard the phrase, “When you known, you know?” Well, this couldn’t be more true. A first kiss should be completely based off your own feelings and intuition.
- Girls can initiate a first kiss too. You don’t have to wait for the guy to make the first move. In fact, a lot of guys like it when a girl takes charge.
- Don’t be afraid to say no if you aren’t ready. If a guy doesn’t have the respect for you to wait, he isn’t worth your time.
- Guys are just as nervous as girls on a first date. You are both on even playing fields.
- You do you! Stay confident and be yourself.
The best thing I can tell you is just relax and let it happen. There is no right answer to this question. I’m really interested to hear what you all think about this topic. Do you think kissing on the first date is a good idea?